Monday, February 14, 2011

Redd Redd Roses

Recently I had a certain someone ask me why I was so kind. They wondered why I had a sort of patience but yet demanded I get my way. And then they started to say that I will do as I please and say what I please as long as no one is negatively affected. (effected? affected? Jeremy, help me out)That I can accomplish, and accomplish well, anything I set out to do. That I am creative. Loud. Blunt. Funny.

This sparked a memory and so I answered them with tid-bits of a conversation I had with my amazing sister Roxy the day I felt OK about not getting a degree.

I could have said it all in one sentence, but we all know thats not my style. Soooo....I started it with one great sentence.

Because I am my Mothers Daughter.
(cue the 'dot dot dot')

I told him simply that my mother is an amazing woman. She taught me so much and continues to. That my mother is beautiful, strong, confident. She showed me not to settle, taught me how to bargain. Unknowingly addicted me to woodworking. She makes me laugh, she listens to me cry. That she rarely calls me by my name, or remembers whether or not I like onions or mushrooms. I bragged about how my mom calls me up to make me laugh, she sends me flowers. She stays up late to make Christmas Christmas, and Easter Easter. She gives instructions in far too much detail. She puts up with all the dogs, boys, and friends that I bring home. She makes everyone that meets her jealous that she isn't their mother.

She rubbed off on me, and I am proud of it.

...he laughed, and joked that he'll never ask me a question like that again. But he also said, "If I didn't know you, I still wouldn't doubt any of the things you said, its shows....and is your mom single?"

Happy Valentines Day Mom. Sorry dad, but this year, Shes MY Valentine. And everyday shes in my heart. :)







Ps. Dont take this as me being conceded, and Mom, I hope its not offensive that I took a compliment for the both of us.







2 comments:

Roxy said...

'redd redd roses' how fitting! whits you gotta quit making me cry on these posts. you know, i really don't know what to say except, i'm so glad i have you :) oh and i finally read your previous post and commented on it as well. love ya and have a great day!

SarahJane said...

I've been totally out of the blogging thing for awhile...obviously. So, it's not just your blog I haven't seen in ages...anyway, you're just so stinkin cute and sweet! Love you!!!